A couple days ago, one of the residents here left. And in his fridge he left a breadfruit. So Danny asked if I wanted it. Of course! I’ll work with this yummy fruit/veggie thing. I do want to point out what breadfruit looks like after it has been stored in the fridge. The green skin turns brown.
Tonight I decided to try grilling it, after I brushed it with some garlic infused oil. It was really delicious. The outside was kind of crispy and caramelized and the inside was soft and creamy. Here’s my method:
- garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Since I was just grilling enough breadfruit for me, I cut off a chunk:
2. Mix up the garlic and oil and set aside:
3. Slice the chunk of breadfruit into fry-like slices and peel them
4. Brush your breadfruit with the garlic oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Heat your grill and once it’s hot, put the breadfruit on. Keep brushing oil on the pieces as you turn them and get nice grill marks on them.
6. Once done (cook until slightly soft), remove and eat. Yum!