Last night I made fish tacos for dinner. I served them up with a homemade corn and tomato salsa, and grilled corn on the cob with cilantro lime butter. Recipes are below, but I forgot to take pictures. Everything just looked so good once it was cooked, I couldn’t wait to eat it.
Recipe: Corn and Tomato Salsa
- 1 ear of corn, grilled or roasted, and removed from the cob
- 1 tomato, diced
- jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (as much or as little as you want)
- 2 tbsps red onion, finely chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsps chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and put in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe: Cilantro Lime Butter
I grilled some corn on the cob to have with my tacos. This is the butter that I made to put on the corn. So good!
- butter, softened (I used salted because that’s what I had. If you use unsalted, add a bit of salt)
- cilantro, finely chopped
- lime juice (I used the juice of 1 lime)
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, adjust lime juice if necessary.
- Place butter on plastic wrap, shape into a cylinder, wrap with the plastic, and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe: Yummy Rummy Fish Tacos
- 4 tilapia fillets (or some other mild-flavoured white fish)
- 1 lime
- generous glug of rum
- scant tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper
- To serve: tortilla wraps, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise
- In a container with a lid, combine the juice of 1 lime (and I threw in the lime halves), the rum, olive oil, chili powder, honey, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Put the fish in the marinade, cover, and put in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ, place a sheet of foil on the grill, and cook the fish on the foil (I did this so the fish wouldn’t stick to the grill and fall apart).
- To serve, spread some mayo on a tortilla, put on some fish, and top with the homemade salsa, fresh tomato, and lettuce.